Bringing Pets

To bring pets from your domiciled countries, there are some guidelines and rules that must consider and follow before bringing them to the Malaysia.

Please check the Veterinary Import Regulation forum at to confirm that your pet can be brought into Malaysia. Must complete application form A to apply for an import permit. Attach the current vaccination record for dogs and cats. Pay RM 5.00/head (dog and cat) and RM 0.10/head (bird) as an import fee. Also, submit the application to the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) at the Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based industry, Wisma Tani, Block Podium, Lot 4G1, Precinct 4, Federal Government Administration Centre, 62630 Putrajaya or at State Veterinary Departments. The application form will be processed within one working day. Some restricted breeds of dogs are not allowed such as Rottweiler, Doberman, German Shephard/Alsatian including Belgian Shephard and East European Shephard, Bull Mastiff, Bull Terrier and Perro de Presa Canario. So, you have to apply for the special approval of these kinds of dogs. Import of Pit Bull Terrier (also known as American Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Neapolitan Mastiff, Japanese Tosa, Akita, American Bulldog, Dogo Argentino, Fila Braziliero are prohibited. They are not permitted to bring into the country. For further information, please refer to the DVS’s website, i.e. After getting import permit, make the booking with DVS for quarantine of certain animals and birds. This quarantine period ranges from a minimum of 7 days and can be further extended to a period of 30 days, if the animals are being infected. All the animals as well as birds which are under quarantine, subject to a quarantine fee. For example, fee for dogs is RM 10.00/head/day. For further details, please refer to the DVS’s website. Some actions are also taken by the owner before exporting pets to Malaysia like:-a)  Obtain the Veterinary health certificate of the pet from the veterinarian government of the domiciled country. It should be done within 7-10 days of export. Submit the following documents in the original to a DVS officer upon arrival in Malaysia :-

I. Original Import permit.
II. Original Veterinary Health Certificate from home country.
III. Original Vaccination Certificate.
IV. All documents mentioned above must be in English language or in a certified translated version.
V. Complete Customs Form No. 1 (K1) using tariff code 0106 (zoos and pet) for importation.

  • After all these things, pet will be brought to the quarantine station, if it is subject to quarantine.
  • Collect the pet after the quarantine period.
  • Notes:

    read more

    Working Part Time

    Working Part Time is another facility provided in the MM2H project. Due to this, they can facilitate their living at ease.

    A.  Application Process

    Part Time Lecturer

    1. At the present time, the applicant must be above 50 years old.
    2. Letter of intention should be with you.
    3. Letter of acceptance from Public/Private higher education should be with you.
    4. Letter of permission from the Malaysia Ministry of Education should be there.
    5. Print advertisement in the local newspaper for being a local citizen.
    6. Original & Copy of working contract.
    7. Personal Income Tax Relief letter from Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (LHDN) of Malaysia.
    8. Copy of the Passport (Pages of particulars & MM2H pass).

    Part Time 20 Hour a Week

    1. Applicant & Company’s representative.
    2. Applicant must be 50 years & above.
    3. Letter of Application from company.

    3.1 Authorization Letter from the company

    - Photocopy Mykad
    - Designation in Company

    3.2 Covering Letter that explaining company activities & job justifications.
    3.3 Letter of offer from the company

    - Duration of employment contract
    - Duration of working hour
    - Remuneration

    read more


    There are some guidelines to set up or register your business under the MM2H program. These are as follows:-

    Registering Your Business

    For registering your business, you are required to contact the Companies Commission of Malaysia and register with it under the Companies Act 1965. You are eligible to register only a limited company in Malaysia.

    Company Structure

    According to the Companies Act 1965, a person must register a company with the SSM in order to engage in any business activity.

    read more


    Participants of MM2H can also apply for education in Malaysia. It is to notify you that tertiary educational institutions such as private colleges and universities require their students to have a student pass. Thus, MM2H dependants who wants to enroll in tertiary educational institutions are required to terminate their MM2H social visit pass in order to apply for the student pass to get the education in Malaysia. Some application guidelines for permission to study are given below:-

    read more

    Convert Home Driving License to Malaysian


    You can find the complete details in PDF file: